Need a healthy snack? Want to make it fresh? If so, keep reading.
Healthy, check. Flavorful, check. Vegan, check. Today I'd like to share a simple cranberry almond oatmeal bar recipe with you. (I made this recipe with my vegan friends in mind.) You'll only need 7 ingredients. With mashed banana standing in for sugar and fat, you're on your way to a healthy snack.
What you'll need:
2 cups old fashioned oats
2 ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup almonds (crush half, leave half whole)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
NOTE: This recipe yields 8 oat bars.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mash two large bananas. Press out all lumps. (use a large spoon to mash the bananas against the side of your bowl.)
- Add 2 cups of oats and mix well with spoon until all oats have lumped together.
- Sprinkle with salt, drizzle vanilla, mix again.
- Add cranberries and almonds by folding into mixture with spoon.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray press your oat mixture onto pan. (Cookie sheets are too big. Use the edge of your spoon to press your oats into a rectangular shape.)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove, allow to cool. Cut, and enjoy. Wrap your leftovers in wax paper to snack on later.