Looking for a quick yummy appetizer? Or perhaps you need a crunchy side to accompany dinner... Look no further. This easy egg roll recipe is for you!! By easy, I mean EASY!!! Seriously, these bad boys can be made in your toaster oven. 10 minutes of prep and 10-12 minutes of cook time! Quick and delicious. If you're interested in the recipe, keeping scrolling.
VEGETABLE EGG ROLLS
What you'll need:
bagged coleslaw (cabbage and carrots pre-shredded)
2 scallions, chopped
1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger
egg roll wraps
1 tbsp olive oil
pepper, to taste
tsp soy sauce
Super Simple Instructions:
(Recipe for 4 egg rolls, double or triple for bigger portions)
1. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in skillet
2. add two heaping handfuls of coleslaw, chopped scallions, and ginger to pan
3. brown slowly, add 1 tsp of soy sauce, stir, add black pepper, stir
4. remove from heat allow filling to cool slightly
5. place your egg roll wrapper diagonally on a dry surface
6. fill with 2 spoonfuls of filling
7. Roll bottom portion of egg wrapper over filling, fold sides up
8. continue to roll, seal edge of wrapper with water or egg white (I used water which worked well)
9. spray non stick pan with cooking spray
10. brush olive oil over top of egg rolls. place in toaster oven on 400 or preheated oven, 400. Bake until golden brown.
REMOVE, COOL, ENJOY!!! ;-)
- If you'd like to fry the egg rolls, simply heat1/2 inch of oil in pan and cook until golden brown.
- If you'd like to try adding more filling simply saute some other faves and add to your filling. ( I think I will add shrimp the next time I make them.)
That's my 2 cents!