Is your rice stuck in a rut? :-) Here is a quick fun recipe that will surely add a new kick to the popular side dish!!
CILANTRO LIME RICE
What you'll need:
1 cup of white rice
2 cups of water
Juice of half a lime
3 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
- Bring two cups of water to a boil
- Rinse and drain rice
- Once water is boiling, add salt, olive oil, and rice
- return to boil
- cover with lid and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes
- Once your rice has cooked add the juice from the lime and your chopped cilantro, mix well.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes
I served my rice as a side with delicious buttermilk fried pork chops!!!YUMMMMMY!!
Look out I'll be sharing the recipe soon ;-)
That's my 2 cents!