Making vegetable soup is seriously simple. A few steps and you're on your way to a serious nom nom nom session. First, you pick your favorite veggies. Then, boil your water. Next, chop said veggies, add Sazon and let those vegetables cook down to a delicious, nutritious, satisfying soup. I'd like to share what ingredients I used to make the soup you see pictured below :-)
What you' ll need:
crushed red pepper flakes, to taste ( I used 2tsp)
black pepper, to taste
1 packet Sazon (Goya)
7 or 8 cups of water
- In a large stock pot bring water to a rolling boil
- as water boils chop/dice veggies into bite sized pieces
- add Sazon packet to boiling water and add veggies
- season with pepper and red pepper flakes
- allow veggies to cook down for an additional 20-30 minutes on a low heat setting or until they reach your desired texture
This soup makes a great start to a meal, a good snack to tide you over until your next meal, or served with salad and perhaps some garlic bread makes for an entree.
That's my 2 cents!