I want to share a quick sauce recipe with you . Its a great option when you' re in the mood for Asian fare . I'm sure that if you try it you' ll love it . It's definitely my go to sauce. Plus, who could pass up homemade saucy goodness?
What you' ll need:
1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped carrots
(add a few tablespoons of chopped up peanuts of you like the texture. I don't!)
- heat olive oil in a large skillet
- add garlic and carrots . saute for 3 minutes
- add 1/4 cup water to pan
- add peanut butter and soy sauce, stir slowly
- continue to stir until all peanut butter has melted and ingredients are simmering
- slowly add water and keep stirring
- you may want to add more than the 1/2 cup I mentioned in the ingredient list . The more water you add, the thinner your sauce will be .
Note: If you' re going to add meat or tofu, simply add it once your sauce has reached your desired consistency . ( I added raw chicken and allowed it too cook in the sauce)
Plate over rice or veggies and enjoy!
That' s my 2cents!