Friday, December 28, 2012

Simple Savory Peanut Sauce




Hello Friends,

I want to share a quick sauce recipe with you . Its a great option when you' re in the mood for Asian fare . I'm sure that if you try it you' ll love it . It's definitely my go to sauce.  Plus, who could pass  up  homemade saucy goodness? 

What you' ll need:
1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce 
1/2 cup water 
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped carrots
(add a few tablespoons of chopped up peanuts of you like the texture. I don't!) 

Instructions:
  • heat olive oil in a large skillet
  •  add garlic and carrots . saute for 3 minutes
  •  add 1/4 cup water to pan
  •  add peanut butter and soy sauce, stir slowly
  •  continue to stir until all peanut butter has melted and ingredients are simmering
  •  slowly add water and keep stirring 
  • you may want to add more than the 1/2 cup I mentioned in the  ingredient list . The more water you add, the thinner your sauce will be . 
Note: If you' re going to add meat or tofu, simply add it once your sauce has reached your desired consistency . ( I added raw chicken and allowed it too cook in the sauce)



Plate over rice or veggies and enjoy! 


That' s my 2cents!

- Kimba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts