Monday, March 26, 2012

Emptying out the Fridge : Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches

Hello All! Happy Monday.

Today, I'd like to share a quick, convenient, and tasty way to have your breakfast prepped ahead of time during the week! This post is sure to save you time and money!! So read on!!!!!


What you'll need:

(To make 6 sandwiches)
6 English Muffins
6 slices of your favorite Cheese
6 Eggs
6 pieces of meat ie;sausage link, bacon, or ham (or got meatless)
Instructions:
  • Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
  • spray 6 muffin tins with non-stick spray
  • crack an egg into each of your six tins. (if you prefer scrambled eggs, simply scramble the eggs in a bowl and pour into muffin tin.) 
  • Open your English muffins and place face up onto the extra space on your muffin tin, or place on a cookie sheet
  • place English muffin and eggs into oven and check after 8 minutes. (If the middle of the egg still jiggles, allow to remain in oven. Check every minute or so as the eggs will cook quickly.) 
  • Heat your meat of choice. I used turkey sausage so I simply wrapped in a paper towel and cooked in the microwave for 45 seconds
  • Remove items from oven and assemble your sandwiches.
  •  Once assembled, wrap in wax paper. Wrapping in wax paper will allow for a fuss free re-heat.

Tip: I wrap my sandwiches in wax paper, then place in a sandwich bag. I allow my sandwiches to remain in the fridge for a few hours before I freeze them for the week. For the best re-heat, remove from sandwich bag, place sandwich wrapped in wax paper in microwave for 45 seconds. Check to be sure your sandwich has reheated thoroughly . Remove wrapping and enjoy!!


That's my 2 cents!!

-Kimba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts