Happy Friday! ;-) I hope your work week blew by without any snaffoos!! As we head into the weekend I'd like to share a ridiculously simple, healthy, and yummy recipe with you. ENJOY!!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
What you'll need:
1 lb frozen butternut squash (cubed)
you can purchase the kind that is already pureed and frozen
1/2 cup half and half
1 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place your squash cubes into a medium sized pot and allow to thaw over low heat.
- Once thawed, add half and half. Begin to mush squash cubes with the back of a fork. (or a potato masher if you are cool enough to own one... I don't.)
- Place squash into your glass blender and use the puree option for about 1 minute. If the squash is to thick add half of your water.
- Return squash to pot, add cinnamon, vanilla, and the rest of your water. bring to a boil.
- Return squash to blender for its last smooshing!!! This time use the liquefy option.
- IF YOU ARE NOT INTO(and by not into, I mean you are too lazy!) SWAPPING FROM STOVE TO BLENDER, PURCHASE PUREED SQUASH. (it's just not as easy to find) Bring it to a light boil, add ingredients and you're done.
Thanks for checking in. Enjoy your weekend.
That's my 2 cents!