Friday, January 6, 2012

Butternut Squash Soup!!

Hello All,

Happy Friday! ;-) I hope your work week blew by without any snaffoos!! As we head into the weekend I'd like to share a ridiculously simple, healthy, and yummy recipe with you. ENJOY!!

BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP

What you'll need:
1 lb frozen butternut squash (cubed)
or
you can purchase the kind that is already pureed and frozen
1/2 cup half and half
1 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Place your squash cubes into a medium sized pot and allow to thaw over low heat.
  • Once thawed, add half and half. Begin to mush squash cubes with the back of a fork. (or a potato masher if you are cool enough to own one... I don't.) 
  • Place squash into your glass blender and use the puree option for about 1 minute. If the squash is to thick add  half of your water.
  • Return squash to pot, add cinnamon, vanilla, and the rest of your water. bring to a boil.
  • Return squash to blender for its last smooshing!!! This time use the liquefy option.
That's it! You're done. I served my soup straight from the blender. (Garnished with a fresh sprig of rosemary. Food deserves to be cute too!)
  • IF YOU ARE NOT INTO(and by not into, I mean you are too lazy!) SWAPPING FROM STOVE TO BLENDER, PURCHASE PUREED SQUASH. (it's just not as easy to find) Bring it to a light boil, add ingredients and you're done. 

Leftovers: I stored mine in a glass jar.

Thanks for checking in. Enjoy your weekend.

That's my 2 cents!

-Kimba

Linking with:


1 comment:

  1. Had some tonite and it
    WAS delish. I emphasize was because most of it is gone!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts