Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Asian Pear Delight

Hello friends. I hope your week is off to a great start.

 Now that I have finished scarfing down my dessert, I can share the recipe with you! This recipe came to mind as I watched most of my kindergarten  students ignore the fruit provided at snack time today. Asian Pears. First of all, yum. Second of all, news flash kids, these pears are the bomb!

Now, I typically sneak over to my parents to do my laundry. So I had that in the car when I left my house this morning. After seeing the leftover pears and my Mom telling me she got her new stove, I decided what better way to pass laundry time than baking a delicious dessert.  Enter, Asian Pear Delight!
 If you'd like to make this delicious delight for yourself, keep reading!

WHAT YOU"LL NEED:

5 Asian pears
1/2 cup flour
1/ 2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp melted butter
juice of  half lemon
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup of granola

THIS RECIPE WILL SERVE 6-8 People. Depending on their greed! ;-)  


INSTRUCTIONS:
 Peel pears and dice in to bite sized pieces.
 
In a bowl, mix dry ingredients thoroughly. Add half of your melted butter and mix well.

Slowly add in the rest of butter. Make sure all dry ingredients become moist.
  

Squeeze the juice of half a lemon on pears and place in pan for baking.


Cover your pears with the Delight mixture.
Bake on 375 for about 50 minutes
 (First 30 minutes of baking cover in foil. Remove for last 20.)

Remove from oven, allow to cool, and ENJOY!

I added whipped cream and strawberries.
 Just like people, desserts can wear cute outfits too! 

That's my 2 cents!

-Kimba




5 comments:

  1. Nice! I have friend who makes apple crisps in a similar fashion, but with oatmeal instead of granola. I'll have to try to find some asian pears.

    tiannamae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an Asian Pear tree in our orchard and love to munch on them. This sounds so yummy. I'll give it a try, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT recipe.. Love it and certainly can't wait to try it.. I would LOVE for you to add it to my Pin Board via "Pin'Inspirational Thursdays" pweeease...http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/pinspirations-pinterest-inspirational.html TY..

    ReplyDelete
  4. whipped cream, strawberries, now, I have to try that recipe :))

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts