I don't want to toot my own horn but, BEEP BEEP! Two words, Yum and Yum! One rainy afternoon led to these delicious delights! Now, I'll tell you what you'll need to show Sponge Bob who really makes a great crabby patty!!!
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Crushed red pepper
- onion powder
- two 6 oz cans of crab meat
- minced garlic
- your favorite seasoning
- 1 egg
- pan for frying
- Empty two cans of crab meat into a bowl
- add 3/4 of a cup of bread crumbs
- add 1 egg, mix together with fork
- add 1 tbsp of minced garlic to the mixture
- sprinkle in your favorite seasonings and onion powder (or add real onions that you have previously sauteed if you prefer.)
- Take one heaping spoonful of your crab mixture and roll into a ball. Flatten into a small patty
- Once you have formed all patties, place saran wrap over plate and allow to set in fridge for 15 minutes
- once your patties have set, heat oil in pan, fry (more like lightly saute) patties for about 1 minute on each side (until Golden Brown.)
- Upon removing patties from oil, place on a plate covered with a paper towel to drain excess oil
|Mashed sweet potatoes, broccoli, and my crab cakes.|
Thanks for reading friends!
That's my 2 cents!