Monday, July 18, 2011

Ferrara Greenhouse

Hyde Park MA has a lot of hidden jewels. On Saturday, I had the pleasure of spending time at one with my mother and my muffin. The Ferrara Greenhouse is located on the hill behind Boston Trinity School near the beginning of Enneking Parkway.

Without driving past a few dead ends and crossing into a no thru street, one would never know this jewel existed.  Now, I'm no horticulturalist but, I loved what I saw.  Your senses are heightened as soon as you walk toward the entrance. This parking lot greenhouse is filled with gorgeous pink, purple, red, and white flowers. The Ferrara Greenhouse offers annuals, perennials and  vegetable plants.

Here is a little peek at what I saw:


Some of the greenhouses.

The cute kid wasn't for sale. She was with me.

Peppers


Hanging potted plants.

perennials
 I did not have a chance to speak with the owners. The seasoned woman that was there at the time was busy dead heading flowers and organizing their summer stock. However, when my mother was ready to check out she came over, offered helpful advice for the plants my mom picked out and, wished us a good day before putting her green thumb back to work!

If you're ever in Hyde Park, stop by and pick up some flowers. Nothing like shopping local! 

That's my 2 cents ;-) 

1 comment:

Popular Posts