|Sausage, egg and, cheese breakfast calzone.|
Interested in learning to make this delicious breakfast treat for you or your family? Well, keep on readin'...
After a recent trip to the grocery store, I decided I wanted to try something new in the kitchen. I wasn't sure what. All I knew was I had purchased some pizza dough and I was going to figure out a creative way to use it. Enter the breakfast calzone! One word, Yum! This recipe is super simple and fairly quick. 10 minutes of prep and 20 minutes in the oven.
What you'll need:
mozzarella cheese (or whatever cheese you love and whatever amount makes your heart happy.)
4 sausage links
2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 cup flour
(This recipe will serve two-four people depending on how greedy they are or what other treats your are serving. I cooked with 2 people in mind and didn't finish mine in one sitting.)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- crack 4 eggs into a bowl and scramble with fork
- heat your skillet and spray with cooking spray
- cook eggs (eggs should be slightly undercooked so they don't get hard while in oven)
- cook your sausage. for ease cook them in the microwave wrapped in a paper towel for 60 second per 3 links
- dice your sausage links
- sprinkle flour onto your cookie sheet and hands
- spread your dough onto the cookie sheet. (if holes appear in your dough just pinch them closed.)
9. place your eggs onto the dough and sprinkle with crushed red pepper ( only place eggs on one half of the dough)
12. Place in oven and set your timer for 20 minutes. You can remove your calzone from the oven once the dough is golden brown.
By the time you've cut some fruit to have as a side, and cleaned up the mess you made, your delicious breakfast will be ready to enjoy!
That's my 2 cents!